weekend rantings
Last Saturday, I was so pissed of at work! I could’ve been at SM with my sister enjoying their 3 day sale. But no I am at work sweating it out with the instruments and dealing with total assholes (read doctors!). The worst part of it was that I was the charge nurse, and three of the other nurses were absent. So it was my duty to make it a point that the nurse to anesthesiologist ratio is equal all the time. Because of the understaffing, I was forced to go on a 16 hours duty, because the nurses on call at that time were not available. As to why they were not available, I don’t want to understand. All I want at that time is to strangle them one by one, strap them down the operating table and if I get lucky give them a dose of lethal injection.
Sunday was the only no work day for me in a week. So instead of sleeping all day in my room, I dragged my sister to the mall and did a little bit of shopping. Bayo was having a sale, and I was lucky to have found something I really, really wanted in their racks. When I was already paying for the item, I got so excited when the cash register indicated only half the price of my purchase. I nudged my sister excitedly because I wasn’t expecting that blouse to be included in the sale! “Uy half price lang!” The salesperson must have noticed my excitement because she rechecked the item. “Ay sori po, hindi pala kasali sa sale namin 'tong blouse.” My momentary excitement suddenly went kaput. I could’ve owned the blouse for only half the price, but afterwards as we went out of the store holding a bag of Bayo it felt good knowing that that salesperson would not pay half the price of something that I would wear with guilt in my heart...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home