terminal leave
Finally! After almost three years of working for my dear hospital, I am leaving. I handed in my resignation letter yesterday. I have already started working on my clearances, but my resignation would not take effect ‘til December 1, 2003. Already, I am looking forward to a day when I would not think about going on duty and not being on call. I feel excited and at the same time guilty for leaving the first and only job I had after college.
As early as this, I already feel nostalgic about it all. This job has been a part of my life after all. This is where I’ve had my firsts. My first resuscitation, my first expired patient, my first argument with a doctor or a superior, my first paycheck, the list goes on.
I don’t know what I would feel when my awaited day would come. I bet it would be weird not having a schedule that would totally mess up my social life or more importantly my sleeping patterns. It would be depressing to check on my ATM every 15th and 30th of the month, as I would be expecting nothing. I would officially be a bum come December 1, 2003 and it gives me a liberating feeling.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home